Popeye the Liar
I don't care how strong Popeye the Sailor Man was, he lies. There is nothing, and I mean nothing good about canned spinach.
I'm trying to revert back to my former healthy-eating self, and save money at the same time, by avoiding the cafe and buying more groceries. Last night I bought a bunch of canned vegetables to microwave and eat in my room. I bought canned spinach, among others, because I love spinach.
Turns out I love frozen spinach, and fresh spinach, but not canned spinach. As I said, there is absolutely nothing good about canned spinach. It's just so incredibly gross. Even salt and ground pepper and garlic couldn't change that. I thought garlic and pepper could fix even the deadliest of culinary sins. Not so much.
Be ye warned: Eat not the canned spinach, or risk the permanent loss of your appetite.



3 comments:
The only thing can spinach is good for is soup. It is good in a minestrone soup. So if you have any left, don't throw it out. Mix all the veggies you have lying around, a can of tomatoes, and after it's simmered or microwaved for awhile throw in some elbow macaroni's.
YUM.
real quick just for a health notice. Canned anything has no nutrition at all once all the juice from the can has been drained cause thats where all the nutrients is. You are much better off getting fresh or frozen food. Don't do the whole canned thing. It wont help u any. Plus what about that thing that comes from the can itself. theres a lot of that in it.. i forget what its called. i wanna say iron.. but thats def. not right. but yea, just for your well-being thought i'd let ya in on that. My dad always told me to not to do canned foods ever for that reason.
yeah, i know canned isn't the best way to go... but frozen and fresh cost way more, and don't keep as well in my little dorm room. I can barely fit a mini ice tray in my freezer. :) But the cafe usually costs me $8-10 a meal if I'm eating healthy. The 50 cent can of spinach looks a lot more appealing in those circumstances!
I actually managed to finish off the spinach, Kim, but your minestrone soup sounds so good....
Post a Comment