Friday, December 01, 2006

A Beautiful Collision

Tonight I experienced something truly beautiful.

Andrew Peterson, Sandra McCracken, Derek Webb, Eric Peters, Andy Gullahorn, Ben Shive, and Jill Phillips (whom I apparently like, but nobody bothered to tell me that)

+

Electric guitar, bass, and drums (I've only really heard AP accoustically before)

+

All their normal crazy instruments (copious accoustic guitars, mandolin, slide guitar, keyboards, violin, hammered dulcimer, and probably more I forgot)

+

Volume

=

REALLY GOOD STUFF

Now before tonight I knew that I liked all of those ingredients (aside from the aforementioned ignorance of Jill) individually. But combine all of the above into one rip-roarin' extravaganza of a Christmas concert, and musical bliss can be experienced by one and all.

As it was by me, tonight, at Andrew Peterson's "Behold the Lamb of God" concert. If you are near Nashville (I'm talking to you, Wendy!!) you should definately go see them. You cannot get a better show for $15 (which perhaps includes David Crowder, just because of the sheer number of extraordinarily talented artists that are included in this concert). I don't know that I've ever heard better songwriters. So very good.

Check out www.andrew-peterson.com/tour# for tour dates near you.

No comments: