skip to main |
skip to sidebar
- I'm never coming home again. It's just not worth the fact that every freaking time I fly I spend half a lifetime in Chicago's Midway-to-Satan's-Lair Airport. Today: Get up at 6 a.m., drive an hour to Omaha. Wait an hour for flight. Fly an hour and a half. Wait for an hour for connecting flight. Flight delayed as we're boarding. Wait three hours. Board plane. Sit on runway for half an hour. Fly two hours. Circle Philly for an hour. Sit on runway for half an hour. Drive two and a half hours home. See? Not worth it.
- Somewhere in there I had the worst cup of coffee I have ever had. I almost threw it away, but then decided that I hated the idea of throwing two bucks in the trash, and needed the pick-me-up anyway. I also had the best cup of coffee I've ever had, this morning, before I left Lincoln. Thanks, Jeremy! I put that mint mocha creamer stuff in it and it was to die for.
- Being home, while I wasn't looking forward to it, has it's good points. Like playing with Rufus, who was excited like whoa to see me. And taking a long, hot bath. I don't usually bath. (I definately mean "to bath" as opposed to "to bathe.") And really, that's about all I can think of so far. That's how rough of a day this was.
- Goals for being home include: getting rid of everything in my room that I haven't missed since I was last home in August. (That's an exaggeration, I suppose, since the only thing I can think of right now that I missed is one lone shirt...) Maybe reminding myself that I could at one time play the piano, although playing is relative. Making sure that my classes are all scheduled out to graduate in 18 months. Making good use of having a treadmill available. Etc.
- And I'm so tired that I can't write straight anymore, so off to bed I go. G'night.
5 comments:
Count your blessing, Katidid. Mary's stuck in Chicago overnight. Be thankful that you're home at all instead of stuck in an airport. Can't wait to see you!
I miss you already.
Well you got to see the Nerds, doesn't that make it worth it??
Dude, I think maybe all that airport stuff and the worst coffee was worth it! I would have totally done it three times if i were going to see you at least once!! I completely agree with Peter, count those blessings of yours girl! You got to be home, with your family, you had a chance to see some old friends briefly, u played with Rufus, you saw Keri, and if can i add in, on my side that i got to see you not to mention i had gotten the worlds greatest hug- I was having the most horrible, HORRIBLE time these past few weeks! If only you knew how much it meant to me!!sheesh! SERIOUSLY! I didn't realize how much i had missed you. I was frantic! I didn't think i'd be excited, although it did't hit me until i had returned to dorm and was snug in my bed with a certain revolve journal at bedside. I completely and 100% say that it was worth coming home and i WANT YOU HOME AGAIN! I LOVE YOU! I'll shut up now..stop ranting and raving.. have more work to do.. procrasination maybe...
Post a Comment