Demo
I wish to show you the new things my blog can do.
I've been reading "Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven But Nobody Wants to Die or (the eschatology of bluegrass)" by David Crowder and Mike Hogan. I haven't quoted to you from it yet, so for demonstration's purposes, here we go. This is a section of the book in which they are discussing the history of bluegrass, namely the immigrating of the Scotch-Irish to America. Imagine what history classes would be like if textbooks sounded as such. And now without further ado, note the block quote:
Nothing is ever easy, you know? But instead of climbing back on the boat, the Scotch-Irish gave everyone a hearty "later suckers" and headed inland, to the wild and untamed mountains of Appalachia, a place, even then, considered to be backwoods...it was as if in the hills of Appalachia time had stopped and all the various articles of faith and reason, music and hope, heartache and suffering that these people had collected inside themselves on their perilous journey were being squashed into an indefinable mass that would soon hold the heaviness of us all--without, of course, the volume. ([footnote:] In this instance, we intend to evoke ideas of size or cubic measurement. Geeky science humor. Yet watch how quickly we turn a phrase; it is word wizardry that follows.) The volume, however, was soon about to increase. ([footnote:] In this instance, we intend to evoke a measure of loudness. Sheer wizardry, we tell ya.)
Whether you have experienced the death of someone you love, or you have an interest in music, specifically bluegrass, or you just love word wizardry, you should read this book. Perhaps their silly humor is only hilarious to me, but I've found it to be an incredibly funny book thus far.
Onward! How'd ya like that block quote? The green? The pink? Beautiful, is it not? And now for the picture:

This is just a picture that I like, and one that was considered in the new-blog-making process. Instead of leaving it lay on the cutting room floor, I leave it with you now. Note the pleasing black frame around the beautiful photograph. Ooooh. Ahhh.
And finally, for the bulleted list, I shall ramble on about how much I love my new blog. Many of these will be in response to Kim's e-mail about it. Could a bulleted list be any cooler?
- You should switch to Blogger Beta immediately.
- Don't be scared; if you don't want to mess with very much, you really won't notice much difference at all.
- Beta is awesome. It's the same as the old one except way more customizable and cool.
- My new blog was definately not a template, but rather hours of tireless labor by my dear friend Ben who is something of a HTML genius. I would link you to his other works of art, but they are people's blogs who prefer not to be found.



3 comments:
HOLY COW is right! its fantastic looking! i AM JEALOUS! :)) Ben has some serious skill and you both have time on your hands!
Ok so maybe I will get brave tonight, switch and then spend endless hours trying to customize it and post pics from last weekend. I got a camera for my BDay :) *Doing a happy dance*
how do i switch?
Post a Comment