Monday, October 30, 2006

Making Dreams Come True

My aunt and grandma have been asking me for a Christmas list.

I'm thrilled. I really actually need some stuff. Mostly clothes. I like new clothes, but I mostly hate that they cost so much money. Christmas could solve all my problems.

I e-mailed my aunt to tell her that I'm in dire need of some dressier clothes. I'm wearing out my one pair of khakis (they're my favorite pants--AE cords are so awesome) and the one sweater I own is dry clean only (who does that?) but I love it. Anyway, I sent her some ideas from AmericanEagle.com and told her that I like Express, Gap, Banana Republic, and J. Crew too.

Her reply made me laugh out loud:

I just got done with my work at the office, but when I get home and tell Grandma you have a Christmas list and that it includes dressy clothes we will do a little jig of happiness. We haven't been able to dress you up since you were about five and we kind of miss it.

Guess even the best tomboys among us must grow up someday!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Dressy clothes are nice, espcially ones that look good on you, that always makes me feel good.
But, by the end of the day I'm ready to go home to jeans and a t-shirt.

Katie said...

Ah, one of the many reasons we are kindred spirits... ;) Muck boots and cowboy hats shall always have their place with me.