Monday, October 16, 2006

Why I Shouldn't Nap

  • It makes my contacts dry and scratchy afterward.
  • I can never, ever, ever, fall asleep. I spend whatever amount of time I have for napping simply laying there, half awake and half asleep, wishing that I were sleeping. Today there was also shivering involved, as my room is freakin' cold.
  • Nap time is a surefire way to make my phone ring. Every time. Case in point: today. One hour nap time. Phone rang twice.
  • I always wind up more tired than when I started, regardless of how much (or little) sleeping I actually do.
  • All the not sleeping and wishing I were makes me grumpy. Grr.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

I've had to succumb to involuntary napping so often lately that I don't dare lay down without setting my alarm first.

Katie said...

I'm jealous. I set mine and then am still awake when it goes off. This does nothing for my mental health. :)

Kim said...

Finally someone with the same struggle, I can almost never fall asleep when I lay down for a nap and always get up feeling worst than when I laid down.

Gina said...

I completely sympathize with you on the contacts part. I just woke up from a nap about half an hour ago and my contacts still feel weird. And I am definitely way more tired than I was before I took that 2 hour nap :)