Why I Try
Today I didn't wear any makeup. I didn't blow-dry my hair. I've only brushed my teeth twice. It's nice every once in a while. The not trying.
My dear friend Erika sent me an e-mail recently. In it was the following paragraph, which struck me as incredibly wise and insightful:The eye candy is a tad limited because there are not too many guys my age here, but still there are... You know how that is? Like there are but there aren't but there still are enough to make you want to at least brush your hair. I dunno, maybe brush your teeth too.
At first I gathered from this is that this sort of optimism is why, most days, I put at least some effort into appearing human and like a normal girl. You know. Pretty, or something.
But then, after a whole day of scratcy, unshaven legs, and flyaway, frizzy hair, I realized that trying makes me feel better. And I like that it means that I try for me, and not for anybody else. It's important to do stuff for other people, but I guess sometimes it's even more important to do stuff just for yourself.



3 comments:
Well Katey I am glad you are glad you try. Cause I would have to give you a hard time if you didn't. But then you would give me a hard time for falling asleep in class or the fact you are at my house more than me and I sleep here. Oh wait you already do that. any who, sprikler dude came, went, and it is only 913. He was here at like 847 and gone by 855. arg... have a good friday and if you want some more bananas we have like 10 left. only made two batches but they should be fun. laters
haha i think i stopped trying a while ago... Somedays i just dont brush my hair because i dont feel like it or i just don't have time. (either that or i just got out of the shower) It's good to feel good about yourself and you know, when u feel good about your appearance it helps you succeed more personally. Like i heard about a statistic that if u are feeling good about how u look u are likely to do better on your test. I know, odd right? anyway, yea usually i just brush my teeth and wash my face in the morning. that's it. well except for recently cause i have worked out a plan to have at least 5 to 15 minutes to look 'pretty'.
Happy coming Sabbath dearest horse lady!!! love you lots!
Post a Comment