Pride Goeth
I made $160 in four hours tonight for Phoneathon.
Guess I spoke too soon on the whole "I'm good at this" bit.
Kristina, and any other educators or future-educators among us, I beg you, teach your students the difference between a fragment and a sentence. Educate them on subjects and predicates. Remind them that the plural form of PC does not require an apostrophe. Force them to become at least vaguely familiar with MLA Style. I beg you, for the love of all that is good, just, and right, remind them that they are native English-speakers and should behave as such.
Apparently one can reach their junior year of college and still not even remotely understand such things. Heaven and earth, do I know the horrors of a lacking English education. I've been editing many, many pages of poor collegiate work today (that of others, I mean) and it feels like purgatory.
Okay, Emily and I are going to go cry now. See you later. No seriously. Tears. No joke.



1 comment:
i completely feel your pain!! when i corrected papers for my teachers i felt like going to sit in a corner and cry because of the horrible usage of grammar and plain english skills period. oh and the there, their, they're and its and it's and a lot is two words not one. it drove me up the wall and i always wondered if they ever listened to anything that was taught to them! i mean we get taught the same thing every year after 6th grade its gotta get through your head sometime right?
love yas! send all the emily's my love! tell that yancer girl of yours i said hello.
Post a Comment