Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ya Think?

This morning I bought a cheapo, off-brand bottle of St. John's Wort (an herbal, non-scientifically-tested anti-depressant). I took one capsule at one-ish, and another at six-ish. I had no hopes for results any time soon, and doubts about it helping at all, for that matter.

Most of the afternoon was terrible for me, symptom-wise. While I was with my favorite people, I was feeling downright yucky. It made me angry because I know they can tell. I wish I could just make my face lie.

But for the past three or so hours I've felt more myself than I have in weeks. As long as I don't think too deeply or introspectively, I feel normal.

Is that really possible? I 'spose I'll let you know tomorrow!

2 comments:

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Tanning beds, they're great. I was feeling particularily bad one day last winter and heard that one of the tanning salons in town was having a special, went tanning for 10-15 minutes, just to do something nice for myself. I felt SO good afterwards. The light and warmth REALLY help. Slather on sunscreen if you don't want the fake bake look...or cancer.

My doctor told me that during the winter most of us that live in UpState NY (and other cloudy areas) should take vitamin D supplements. As we don't get enough when the sun is gone.

Just two ideas I thought I'd share.