Today
Apparently my arrival at the ripe old age of 22 is not the only thing that prompts nesting.
It seems that loneliness, boredom, and the avoidance of homework also bring it on.
I've kept remarkably busy today. I went shopping at Target (bought a fleece jacket, hat and gloves, and two scarves--the pretty kind, not warm ones). I grocery shopped at SuperSaver and Sunmart. I had no idea how cheap groceries can be if you buy only the SuperSaver brands of things. I got a ridiculous amount of groceries for less than $25. I went to the library (got a book by Tim LaHaye and one by Anne Lamott. Don't know how much more opposite you can get). I did laundry. I got tea at the Mill. I did lots of dishes.
And then I baked. Herein lies the nesting bit. I made a 1/2 batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Methinks there are folks who live in this house who will enjoy them. I made burritos for lunch. Then, for supper, I made Mexican Bulgur Wheat. It's bulgur wheat with tomatos, green chiles, onions, green pepper, garlic, and kidney beans.
It kind of looked like this. Not as pretty, maybe. It was yummy, but I have about 8 times too much for one person. After that, I made apple-cinnamon muffins (from a mix--I'm not that adventuresome).
When you write it all out, it doesn't really seem like I did all that much. I watched "Something's Gotta Give" while I made cookies. And I'm watching "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" right now. I kept busy today, though. And I have to do check later on tonight.
The only thing I wish is that I'd have gotten some homework done as well.
Oh, and that I hadn't gotten sick just in time for break. The stuffy, runny nose and the sore-ish throat are only a hint of what's to come, I fear.



1 comment:
aww... I would have loved to do some baking actually right around now. I am really excited for xmas this year because not only am i doing lots of xmas shopping but i hope i can learn some baking skills while i'm home and i get to set up for the xmas gathering at my grandmas. You sound pretty busy, but are u too busy to visit your one and only nikki fisher? and btw i met the VERY BEN YANCER YESTERDAY!!! yes it is true! i was excited! as soon as i saw him (he sat in front of me) i knew it was Emily's brother- u can just SEE it!! anyway! i love you and i hope you are enjoying break!
Post a Comment